1. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you visit and/or use our Platform or contact us, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you register for an account, subscribe to emails, newsletters and alerts and which you provide to us when using our services, including information entered into our booking platform and included in your comments, reviews or survey responses. In the course of making a booking or submitting reviews, you might voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant to the service that you are requesting or reviewing.
- Where you are utilising our online payment facility, we may store (via ourselves or our appointed payment processor) your credit and debit card details on a secure encrypted basis.
- If you choose to communicate with us (for example, through the Platform, email, telephone, SMS, or social media) we will record the fact that you have contacted us and may retain the content of your communication, together with your contact details and our responses.
It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you register as a user or otherwise when you use the Platform is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
Social Media and User Generated Content
Some of our Platforms allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our Platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these Platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms, e.g. Facebook or Instagram. Please also refer to the respective privacy & cookie policies of the social media platforms you are using.
How do we get your consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to us at: Katie Leamon Ltd, Unit 302 Autumn Street Studios, 451 Wick Lane, London, E3 2TB, or unsubscribing from our mailing list.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
4. WORDPRESS (for retail customers only)
Our retail store is hosted on WordPress. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through WordPresses data storage, databases and the general WordPress application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
5. WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS
For customers with a wholesale account we collect and store data from you that is vital to our business relationship. On opening an account with us you will provide us with contact information including address, email, phone numbers as well as account information including credit card and bank details.
Please be assured we take every step to keep this information safe and secure on our wholesale and accounting platforms; KashFlow and Handshake. They are both secure and trusted business providers, but we recommend you read over their third party privacy policies here. https://www.handshake.com/legal/privacy_policy
Please be aware you are able to access, amend or update your information at any time, and can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or logging into your account. Should you close your account with us, we reserve the right to hold your contact details for up to five years from your last order.
6. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows WordPress to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visit
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer. cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
What can I do to change my Cookies preferences?
Please find below a number of ways in which you can manage your Cookie preferences online. Please also refer to the privacy & cookie policies of the relevant third party for more information.
- Most browsers and devices allow you to remove tracking technologies and/or block new tracking technologies being set. To turn off tracking technologies, look at the “help” menu on your browser, or visit your device settings. However, please note, that (a) this may not be effective for all tracking technologies and (b) switching off tracking technologies may restrict your use of the Sites and/or delay or affect the way in which they operate.
- AdChoices is a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising platforms to include an advertising option icon on any ads or webpages where data is collected and used for behavioural advertising. Find out more here: www.youradchoices.com/control.
- Use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
- Visit Your Online Choices here to opt out of various interest based advertising www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
- Hotjar: You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information at any time here: www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
- Facebook Ads: You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by turning off ads which may be based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers, in your ad preference settings. For further information, please visit the various Facebook pages which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and Cookies and to update your settings: o www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ o www.facebook.com/about/ads o www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/
Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above under the section “Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing”, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online, if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you.
In the case of third parties not specified in this section, please consult their relevant privacy & cookies policy to find out more about adverts displayed to you whilst you are online and how you can opt-out.
9. AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
11. QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by post at FAO Ruairi, Unit 302 Autumn Street Studios, 451 Wick Lane, London, E3 2TB.